Jason from Exparforum 5

Jason from Exparforum 5

99 Jason 1 11,874 2016.12.19 21:55

Exparforum 에서 제가 처음 공부하던 당시 참고 했던 몇가지 후기를 모아뒀던 내용 입니다.

I struggled with the speaking section for 2 months, trying all sort of approaches, before figuring out the "right" tactics and immediately got a score of 90 after 2 days of practice (I scored 78 speaking in sample test B). I think many people who already scored high in other sections would have the same problem as myself, which is over-complicating things. I used to try to "show off" my vocabulary, grammar, intonation, etc... and unknowingly sacrificed my fluency and pronunciation (one of my botched attempt was as low as 45!), which matter a lot more. My pronunciation also isn't perfect, as I eventually found out, but it's very time-consuming to fix speaking habits, and I don't have that kind of time.

My solution is to speak fast and simple. Fast, as in finishing a "Read aloud" question in 15-20s. PTE apparently rewards fast rate of speech, and my fluency score jumped from around 65-75 to 90 (my pronunciation stayed unchanged, at 76). Speak simple, because it's the only way you can speak fast in Retell Lecture and Describe Image. Don't hesitate to use simple verbs like "be", "give", "get". Don't use synonyms, use the exact words that appear on the graph/in the lecture. Re-use sentence structures (eg: "A is the highest in year X. B is the highest in year Y", or "He said that... He said that ...")

This is my score

L/R/S/W 86/90/90/84

Fluency:90 Pronunciation: 76

Hope this helps.

Author

Lv.21 99 Jason  최고관리자
3,933 (11%)

안녕하세요. 운영자 Jason입니다. dojason.com 도 같이 운영하고 있습니다. :)

Comments

탈퇴 Jonghwang 2017.01.11 17:37
꼭 연습해서 이번에 셤칠때 해보겠습니다 그리고 결과를 알려 드립죠^^v