Jason from Exparforum 2

Jason from Exparforum 2

99 Jason 1 11,757 2016.12.19 21:51

Exparforum 에서 제가 처음 공부하던 당시 참고 했던 몇가지 후기를 모아뒀던 내용 입니다.

PTE(A): 22-Jul-15: L75 R70 S85 W79

Dear All PTE Candidates,

Although I am not the expert to give some suggestions regarding my PTE preparation , but I like to share some of my own understanding/experience to crack this examination. Please don't consider this official and follow the others expert who secure better score than me.

Speaking:- 

1. Repeat Sentence: - Try to do your level best on this. I think this part carry the maximum points. Need paramount concentration on it. I closed my eyes and imagine the speaker & topics, this helped me.

2. Describe Image: - Don't ever try to describe full content. Summary, Highest/minimum information, conclusion (if possible). Must ignore any pause but don't speak fast and ensure your word is clear to understand. Try to use this words; Gradually, Steep rise, increase, fluctuating, remain stable/steady, surge, the largest group of people, the least common answer, southeast corner of the room/map/layout and so on.

3. Retell Lecture: - Again content is not important but ensure you can speak 40 seconds. Ignore “aah”, “hmm” and other paused sound as much as possible; just speak normal voice with fluency.

4. Question/Answer: - Try to listen the question properly. Sometimes they give some image or graph and ask question from it. If not sure the answer then repeat the question or mention both the option when try to choose one. I guess this section content less marks. I know some person in this forum who did not answer 3~4 questions but secure 90 in speaking.

Last not the least, try to practice speaking in noisy environment such as put the BBC on in TV then practice your speaking. I found that exam hall was noisy and everyone is shouting during speaking.

One more thing, grammar is not important in speaking (need comment from expert). Hence, main focus should be fluency and punctuation.

Writing:-

I think, this part is the most easiest one at-least compare with IELTS who suffers 0 .5 mark there :-)

All the topics are repeated, so it is easy to get the idea before sitting for exam. However, must practice typing with those known topics within given time frame.

Ensure proper grammar and vocabulary. I have to use some predetermine vocabulary lists in my exam.. Some of them are as follows:-

Bolster, impeccable, indispensable, parochial attitude, fathom, laudable effort, crux, unbridled/bridled, formidable, inundate, inevitably, jeopardize, emancipation, itinerary, overwhelming, tremendously and so one.

All these words are easy to fit any sentence and increase your vocabulary marks and use connecting words like furthermore, moreover, hence, in addition, besides, nevertheless, nonetheless, although, even though , while, Indeed, in fact, finally, Lastly, In conclusion etc..

Last not the least, ensure there will be no spelling mistakes. But again I am not the expert, this is my personal strategy.

Reading:-

This section is definitely hard compare with IELTS at least for me. My grammar understanding is very poor which was also difficult to improve within a very short time specially the phrasal verb, collocation. At the same time, I got little assistance to improve my marks in this section from others. Hence, I made some strategy with some personal observation.

1) I ensured that my 10/11 questions from fill in the blanks and read & writing questions should correct.

2) I Skipped the Multiple choose questions as it was killing my times. Furthermore, it also contain negative marking if answer choose is wrong.

3) Utilize time in single multiple choose and reorder paragraph. However, my reorder paragraph was very tough compare with my previous exam. Hence, I was nervous to clear the target score. Anyway, I survive..

Now, it was my strategies based on my weakness and strongest points. You can also prepare for yourself according to your need if you are facing hurdle in this section.

Listening

In my opinion it is easy to get point in this section and don't need to make any special strategy for it . However, in my own observation, Highlight Correct Summary, Highlight incorrect words, write from dictation secure more marks(may be I am wrong as well) and ensure spelling marks in "write from dictation" section.

On the whole, I believe, concentration is very vital in PTE-A exam, be confident about yourself and don't lose hope or disoriented until the exam is finished.

The below message is only for Bangladeshi Candidates.

I gave the exam in kolkata from Bangladesh. I will suggest all the Bangladeshi to think hard before seat for PTE-A in India. Apart from exam preparation, you need to face other issues such as leave from office , then long journey before exam and extra payment for hotel and foods.

The structure of this exam is totally deferent compare with IELTS. Therefore, if you decide to give PTE then try your level best with preparation before fueling money. Nevertheless, may be you will not cross the branch mark (All module 65/79) in your first attempt and you need to face the same obstacle again for another attempt like me. But never lose your hope and trust upon "Ishwar" and yourself is indispensable.

Sorry friends for long post as I am not good in summarize written. Best of luck all...Practice hard no exception.

Thanks all

Author

Lv.21 99 Jason  최고관리자
3,936 (12%)

안녕하세요. 운영자 Jason입니다. dojason.com 도 같이 운영하고 있습니다. :)

Comments

2 FELLA 2017.10.20 10:59
유용한 후기 감사합니다. ^^