Jason from Exparforum 4

Jason from Exparforum 4

99 Jason 0 10,576 2016.12.19 21:54

Exparforum 에서 제가 처음 공부하던 당시 참고 했던 몇가지 후기를 모아뒀던 내용 입니다.

Guys, I finally able to get 65+ in PTE A (second attempt). Thanks for all your tips and various reference material links posted on this forum.

My few observations :

Speaking :

Re tell lecture : With Indian accent , my "a" sounds like a pause "ahh" when you hear it back, so one can avoid using it while describing images. It might not be the case with all our friends but was with me when I listened my practice recording and which probably effected my fluency . In my first attempt I got 70+ in all section except speaking (56) and was bit surprised.

Writing :

Make sure that for summarization part, we should use the word which appear more than once in different paragraph like if it is referring some organization name, or some department etc.

For Essay: Frankly your logic/opinion to support topic doesn't matter, what matters is grammar, selection of words and spelling. You will be marked on these points along with how close your response with topic. I know that I have given some really illogical points for my "agree" or "disagree" part and realized it after 10 mins of writing which was late to rewrite with logical points but I managed to score 70+ as I used some good vocabulary and kept my reasons pointing to my essay topic. Why I mentioned it, we need not to think hard and spend more time to formulate our entire logic on facts or real but rather try to use good amount of vocabulary and essay structure and spelling. 

Review your writing part is very very important as I almost correct 10-15 spelling mistake or rather say typo while reviewing my essay or summarization . When I write I do not want to break the flow in order to type fast. Might be not the case with every one but it matters if some one agree or have same pattern as mine.

Overall tips :

1 Cup of hot coffee before 20 -30 mins can bring activeness and clarity on your overall speaking , must recommend to my fellow PTE exam takers !!

Try to spend less time in describing yourself and playing with volume adjustment if you are not student as this will give you edge to start your speaking first and get the rhythm before you will be attacked by poor examroom set up by Pearson, meaning hearing each and every voice in the room and get disturbed.

Take the break before listening , very important to relax ,to get active so that you can concentrate on listening part .

I know some of the tips might sounds funny or illogical for some of champions, but believe me these tips helped me to get 65+ in second attempt as frankly I didn't do any preparation after my first attempt except knowing the graph pattern for speaking more clearly and listen my recording to eliminate common mistake I do while speaking i.e improve my fluency .

Best of luck to folks who will be appearing in this exam sooner and later!! 

My personal experience force me to think that IELTS is scam and one should steer clear from it with average /moderate English like mine as I don't know for sure but some how they observe your previous scores and see how desperate you are to crack it for immigration points.

Author

Lv.21 99 Jason  최고관리자
3,988 (29.3%)

안녕하세요. 운영자 Jason입니다. dojason.com 도 같이 운영하고 있습니다. :)

Comments