Jason from Exparforum 6

Jason from Exparforum 6

99 Jason 0 11,872 2016.12.19 21:55

Exparforum 에서 제가 처음 공부하던 당시 참고 했던 몇가지 후기를 모아뒀던 내용 입니다.

Guys,

Finally, it is time for me to write a big post 

Yesterday I appeared for my PTE test and today I got the result. 

Finally I cleared PTE in second try. 

Escaped speaking module by a whisker 

L/W/R/S 86/84/74/65

Previous tries

IELTS 1 L/R/S/W - 7.5/7.5/7.5/6.5

IELTS 2 L/R/S/W - 8.5/8/7/6.5

PTE 1 L/R/S/W - 79/78/60/88

PTE 2 L/R/S/W - 86/74/65/84

Due to IELTS and PTE failures , my confidence was completely dwindled. 

Luckily got through ultimately.

Special thanks to mamoon, akhil, arun, Sudeep, Gd2015 and fakebaniya for your advices and useful tips.

Strategy :

1- Speaking : As I have scored only 65, so I am not the right person to provide any tips. But whoever are struggling for 65 in speaking, my advice is to - "give your best in the sections where you are strong". I completely concentrated on read aloud, repeat sentence and answer short questions. I tried my best not to make any blunder in these sections.

a- read aloud - read clearly, don't eat words.

b- Repeat sentence - in the real exam, 80% of the sentences are fairly small. for the 20%, try to repeat at least more than 50% of the words

c- Answer short question- 90% of the questions will be easy. only 1-2 will be bit tricky. If you don't know the answer, repeat the question.

d- Describe image - read the heading, tell the max, min . that's it.

e- Retell lecture - don't rush and don't try to cover all the points. keep on speaking for 38-39 seconds and click next. 

As per my assessment, In speaking, fluency is of utmost importance and it carried the max weightage.

See,

Though my speaking score is pathetic still I am giving tips as if I am an expert 

2- Writing:

a- Guys, essay topics don't matter. no need of going through any of the past essay topics. Simply write something on the given topic. The most important thing is " to write error free sentences and use proper connectors". 

Spelling has the maximum weightage.

b- For summarize written test - you can use the words from the passage as well. Keep it simple and write error free sentence. (no grammar or spelling mistake)

3- reading

Time management is quite important.

a- MCSA and MCMA- these are fairly easy in real test. All you need to do is read the passages properly and use the elimination strategy.

b- Reorder paragraph- 

relatively easy in actual test. 

c- Fill In the blanks - relatively easy. read the whole passage thoroughly. Try to maximize your score in this section. 

4- Listening

Concentration is most important. If u get distracted by even a fraction of a second then you will lose easy marks.

a- Summarize spoken text - take notes. keep the texts simply. no need to write any complex word or sentence.

b- fill in the blanks - better write the answers on the notepad. No need to read the passage. just check how many blanks are there and follow the texts as the audio starts.

c- Highlight correct summary - Scan the options before the audio starts and get the key word on which the topic is based. Once the audio starts, take notes and don't look at the choices. 

d- Write from dictation - Listen to the audio properly. and put punctuation marks if required.

e- Highlight incorrect word - move the cursor as the audio goes. 

f- MCMA/ MCSA/ select missing words - scan the option and once the audio starts , concentrate fully on the audio.

Feel free to contact if any1 has any query.

Author

Lv.21 99 Jason  최고관리자
3,933 (11%)

안녕하세요. 운영자 Jason입니다. dojason.com 도 같이 운영하고 있습니다. :)

Comments